of 2

(SCE) Sakki's Client Essentials

15 replies
Votes:
+2
Admins
Owner
SCE.png

Note : I'm no longer supporting the below files, but they should still work. They are Bukkit based, and I am now migrating to a Forge based solution.

About:

SCE has been created out of need to protect the player's client from modification. This purpose of this is to prevent users from applying non-wanted hacks, mods or other such means of bypassing the system that the Server Administrator has put in place. The driving force behind this was in direct relation to a tool called "FLockClient", but because the Author had some real life occurances, the project was put on hold temporarily, if not indefinately. Credit goes to the author of that project, and I personally am more than appreciative for his efforts despite the community saying it could not be done.

The primary feature of SCE is to secure the client in such a way that players are forced to use a client based on what the server has "approved" of. These client are maintained, configured, and set by the Server Admin. If a player attempts modifying the client in any way, the server will react based on what the Server Admin has chosen. At the time of this initial writing, kicking the player with a message is how the server will respond upon the plugins initial release. I will also be adding other methods of dicipline such as Jailing the player, Killing the player, or any other list of commands that the Server Owner chooses. This will come later however...

What's in the name?

Sakki is my Alias, which is based on the brand "Kawasaki", which was the preferrred brand of Dirt Bike that I use to ride / race. Hence, this plugin is Sakki's... or rather, My Client Essentials. SCE will not only include protecting the client. It will include other things that I've seen lacking on the client side, so stay tuned for those additions. I will make mention of those things at a later time but for now, the client protection is the main feature.

Permissions:
  • SCE.Admin
  • SCE.Bypass.Client
  • SCE.Bypass.Launcher
  • SCE.Approved:[filename.jar]
    (ex. SCE.Approved:MCTest.jar)

Commands:
/SCE - Displays information "about" SCE
/SCE <inspect> [player] (inspect the players client, then report back to server)
/SCE serverinfo (display information regarding the server)

Stats:
http://mcstats.org/plugin/SCE
I'm protected!:
(freely use this as you wish)
protectedbysce.png
Posted Mar 15, 14 · OP · Last edited Dec 4, 14
Votes:
Untagged users
For when version 1.7.2 or .1.7.4 beta?
Posted Mar 15, 14
Votes:
+2
Admins
Owner
I am working on it now. Hopefully soon.

I'll have 1.6.4 up shortly, then after that, i'll focus on compiling it for 1.7.2.
Posted Mar 15, 14 · OP · Last edited Mar 15, 14
Votes:
Untagged users
You could get the 1.7.2 and 1.6.4 at the same time or much mess?
Posted Mar 15, 14
Votes:
+2
Admins
Owner
A huge mess because MCP never released a decompiled version of 1.7.2. But, i'm gonna do it myself...

... for that one file that I need. :d
Posted Mar 15, 14 · OP · Last edited Mar 15, 14
Votes:
+2
Admins
Owner
Really debating on transferring everything over to Forge. As of right now, I have to maintain both Forge and Vanilla, and with each one of those, I have to maintain the Server and Client. Lot of stuff to maintain. So... im debating on moving everything over to Forge.

Benefits : Much easier for the player to install. No more dragging files over, renaming, etc. It also means easier to update to the next version.

Right now, its a pain so the next release might be Forge (both 1.6.4, and 1.7.x) .
Posted Mar 23, 14 · OP
Hi, i'm looking for a mod like yours for my server.
But i'm working with Forge 1.6.4. I've seen you're making a Forge 1.6.4 version. Will you release it soon ?
Your topic on dev.kukkit.org is not working, why that ?
I'm using the sk89q's custom launcher, do you think you mod will work on it ?

I'm developping mods and plugins on 1.6.4, so if you need help to make it, I could try.
Posted Jun 4, 14 · Last edited Jun 6, 14
Is there still anyone here ?
Posted Jun 8, 14
Votes:
+2
Admins
Owner
Hi Elidar! I haven't had a chance to finish SCE for Forge yet, but have plans on starting it back up again and finally getting it finished. I think for now I am going to stop working on a Bukkit version (for now) as they are TOO restrictive on security plugins. I've attempted various ways on submitting SCE over to the Bukkit team for approval, only for them to deny it.

So... I am now focused on Forge. It'll be so much easier to maintain so keep watching these pages.
Posted Jun 13, 14 · OP
List
Undo
Ok, thank you.
My server is working on Bukkit MCPC+, can't you really keep making SCE with Bukkit ?
Posted Jun 13, 14
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices